Determining Partition Layouts And Dimensions
“Follow these simple guidelines when determining your exact partition specifications:
- Draw the current wall locations.
- Note the toilet locations inside the stall.
- Draw the current partitions, doors and pilasters. Remember to notate the opening and swing of each door (left or right, in or out).
- Notate any headrail location and size.
- Refer to “Measurement Conventions”:
- Compartment widths are measured wall to wall, wall to center-line of panel, and center-line of panel to center-line of panel.
- Compartment depths are measured from the back wall to front edge of the pilaster.
- Door opening size is measured from pilaster edge to pilaster edge.
Minimum Compartment Depth – Inswing Doors
- Standard rule for inswing doors: add 30″ (distance from back wall to front of toilet) plus door opening size. This is the minimum toilet compartment depth required for the door to swing into the compartment.
- Overhead-braced partitions require a ceiling height of at least 88″ or higher; the top of the headrail is 85″ from finished floor.
- For ceiling-hung or floor-to-ceiling anchored pilasters, measure the ceiling height from finished floor to finished ceiling.
- Provide finished floor-to-ceiling measurements at each pilaster location in the layout when the floor across the front of the compartments slopes 1″ or more.
- When toilet partitions are recessed between two building walls, the critical measurement is the smallest space between the walls.
- Measure wall-to-wall dimensions along the line of pilasters and doors in the compartment (the front).
- If there are existing wall treatments, measure the smallest distance (i.e. baseboard to baseboard); note on drawings and request gaps between pilaster and wall be kept to a minimum (1/2″ minimum gap – 1″ maximum gap).
Many room treatments or conditions may affect measurements, such as cove moldings, tiled walls, windows, and baseboard heaters. Note special conditions on your drawings.”
Images used from Bradley Corp. Toilet Partitions Computation Guide
Bathroom Partition Color Options
Jan 4, 2021
Division 10 Specialties: Why Work With Rex Williams?
Dec 10, 2020
Paper Towel Dispensers By Bradley
Nov 19, 2020